首页 » 技术分享 » 美国俚语(16-20)

美国俚语(16-20)

 

1.hang in there忍耐一下

Hang in there. Things will look up soon.

忍耐一下。事情很快就会好转的。

2.hands-off无为而治,顺其自然

He takes a hands-off approach when it comes to raising his children.

他用无为而治的方式教养小孩。

3.gag me with a spoon我快吐了

Gag me with a spoon! Please don’t tell me such disgusting stories any more.

我快吐了!请别再说这么恶心的故事了。

4.get a move on赶快

Get a move on. You can’t park your car here.

赶快!你不能在这儿停车。

5.cook up想出

He cooked up a wonderful way to surprise his wife on her birthday.

他想出一个在他太太生日时让她惊喜的妙法。 (呵,女人心中的好丈夫!)

美国口语俚语(17)

1.roll with the punches逆来顺受

You have to roll with the punches if you want to survive in this business.

如果你想在这一行生存下去的话,就得逆来顺受。

2.right off the bat立刻

I was all prepared to put up a fight, but he gave in right off the bat.

我正准备和他大打一场,但是他马上就投降了。

3.get one’s feet wet参与,开始做

It’s not good to concentrate all your efforts on just writing. You should get your feet wet and trying painting or dancing.

单单写作对你不好。你应该涉猎一下绘画或舞蹈。

4.get after盯着,责备

Ann’s mother gets after her to hang up her clothes.

安的妈妈盯着她,要她把衣服挂好。

5.pan out成功,奏效

Unfortunately, the deal did not pan out. I lost a thousand dollars.

这笔生意不幸没有成功,我损失了1,000美元。

美国口语俚语(18)

1.screw someone over欺负某人

After working in the office for ten years, Alice was fired for no apparent reason. How can they screw her over like that?

爱丽斯工作了十年之后,无缘无故被炒鱿鱼。他们怎么可以这样欺负她呢?

2.down to the wire等到最后一刻才开始做事

Peter always waits until the last minute to do his work. I could never leave it down to the wire like that.

彼得总是等到最后一刻才开始做事。我从不想他那样等到最后一刻才开始干。

3.buck抗拒

You can’t buck the system.

你无法抗拒整个制度。

4.blockhead笨蛋

Arnold is a blockhead if I ever saw one.

阿诺德是我见过的最笨的人。

5.blow the lid off揭发(丑闻)

That newspaper story blew the lid off the Senator’s illegal business deals.

报纸的报道揭发了参议员的非法勾当。

美国口语俚语(19)

1.round up集合

Round everybody up. It’s time for our business meeting.

叫大家集合,开会时间到了。

2.put someone up留宿某人

I can put you up for a couple of days. My apartment is big enough for two people.

你可以在我这里住几天。我的公寓可以住两个人。

3.take care of business负责

Who’s going to take care of business while I am away?

我不在的时候谁负责?

4.take out on拿…出气

Don’t take your frustrations out on me.

别把气出在我身上。

5.hot stuff大人物

He thinks he’s hot stuff. But everybody else thinks he’s a jerk.

他自以为了不得,但其他人认为他是个傻瓜。

美国口语俚语(20)

1.nitty-gritty细节,基本情况

Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. I want to hear what happens next.

让我们来认真了解详细的情况,我想知道后来发生了什么。

2.no good很糟

This typewriter is no good. Every time I use it, the ribbon falls out.

这台打字机很糟。每次已用,色带就掉下来。

3. have someone’s number清楚某人的底细,看穿某人

She dare not do anything to me, I have her number.

她不敢对我怎么样的,因为我对她的底细一清二楚。

4. hot number新鲜、迷人的人或事务,尤物

Tom thinks Sherry is a hot number.

Tom认为Sherry是个尤物。

5. off the hook逃脱,溜掉,不受罚

I’ll let you off the hook this time, but don’t do that again.

这次不罚你,下次不要这样干了。

转载自原文链接, 如需删除请联系管理员。

原文链接:美国俚语(16-20),转载请注明来源!

0